Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Saturday Hike


There is nothing more relaxing than spending the day with the dogs on a hike. We had wonderful weather (for an August in AR) and lots of shade on the trail. These handy benches were placed strategically along the trail for resting. I carried a backpack with the essentials: collapsable water bowl, bottled water, insect repellant, treats, sandwich baggies and cell phone. This was a short hike, but I had a feeling at the end that we were going in a circle. I stated, "Didn't we pass this bench earlier?" My husband looks at me (eye roll), "Don't you think that all the benches out here are exactly alike?" Okay, I think that is true, but it is a bad plan. State park trail planners should place VERY different benches along the trail. Then, you are certain that you've never passed THAT particular bench. Just a thought.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: